Training sessions are held on Tuesdays and Thursday evenings at 7pm sharp.
The sessions rotate on a four weekly basis and they also change from summer to winter.
Tuesday runs are Efforts sessions in which two of them are hills and the other two are flat sprints – here’s a detailed explanation of our training sessions and runs.
Thursday runs are a longer tempo run, ranging from 6.5 miles to 8 miles.
Sunday runs are decided during the week and depend upon races occurring.
We also do shorter run on Thursdays of approx 5-6 miles which will follow a similar route to the main run. Malcolm will be leading this group if needed. An ideal opportunity for new runners, recovering runners or tapering runners !
- Tuesday 30th April: Merthyr Mawr 1K Efforts
- Thursday 2nd: Court Colman (8miles)
- Tuesday 7th: Merthyr Mawr Hills
- Thursday 9th: Troes (7.5miles)
- Sunday 12th: Porthkerry Plod (5miles)
- Tuesday 14th: Grass Track Efforts
- Thursday 16th: Tythegston (8miles)
- Tuesday 21st: Big Dipper Efforts
- Thursday 23rd: Castle Upon Alun (9.1miles)
- Saturday 25th: Presentation Evening (Including Fun Run, BBQ, Quiz)
- Tuesday 28th: Open Session
- Wednesday 29th: Merthyr Mawr Lane 5k
- Thursday 30th: Beach (8.5miles)
All mileage from Mapometer. If you have any training ideas please speak to Tony or Keith
Here is a detailed explanation of our training sessions and runs.
Here are some articles/information that you might find useful:
Eating for Endurance Running